What happens in Vegas shouldn't stay in Vegas. Alex, please tell us what you know!
This past week in the land of First 4 Figures was an active one due to Alex and John's attendance at the Las Vegas Licensing Expo last 22-24 May 2018. There were tons of licensing speculations throughout the week, and the Official Collectors Club was packed full of excitement and entertainment. Now, as it all comes to a close, let us first recap what we've learned from the expo before we return to our regularly scheduled programming.
DAY 1 – 22 MAY 2018
- Went through some Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot™ sculpts; looking tight
- Something purple with the letters C, P, and V rearranged came up (SPOILER ALERT: Spyro the Dragon PVC conversations)
- Wanted to keep in touch with Ubisoft after their January 2018 meeting; there is potential
- First time to meet the licensor despite working closely together for almost a year
- Showed him Banjo & Kazooie
- Showed him finished Conker; was super impressed and almost lost his mind when he realized how big Conker is; licensor has only ever seen a picture of a hand holding Conker's head until now #conkerismassivestartsaving (possibly a 1:1 scale Conker?)
- Licensor discussed their upcoming Sea of Thieves plans; Alex looking forward to seeing all the content dropping
- Something that was complicated before is still complicated now but not nearly as complicated anymore; Alex crossing all his limbs #pleasecrossyourfingersformetoo
- Impressed by the Shiranui numbers
- Showed them a certain ace; looking tight and ready for submission
- Showed them a small concept (HINT: translate "small" into Japanese, and you will know what Alex is talking about)
- Had dinner and hung out with the Capcom team; such an honor
- Went through the Berserk line
- Skull Knight 3-D now approved
- Licensors were happy with how Berserker Armor is coming along
- Talked about other licenses that the licensors themselves recommended; Alex made a poll, and the licensors are watching
DAY 2 – 23 MAY 2018
- SECRET LICENSOR #1
- Out of the starting block but still far to go; who knows if they'll get there in the end
- Went through the Full Metal Alchemist line
- Japan committee very happy with the quality of Alphonse; hopefully the final approval in the next few weeks
- Alex ran an Aniplex anime poll; licensor's eyes opened wide when they could see just how fast the votes and comments were coming in
- Went through the Castlevania program
- Went through the Metal Gear Solid program
- Was asked if F4F would be interested in Silent Hill as next year will be its 20th Anniversary; Alex ran a poll; interesting to see how it fairs now compared to the Pyramid Head TT posted over a year ago
- Chatted about the upcoming range of Sonic the Hedgehog items, including GNF Toyz's future items
- Maybe 1/4th Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue? Licensors are up for it; are you?
- Got the honour to check out scenes from Paramount Pictures' Sonic the Hedgehog movie
- Went through the line plans
- Was asked if F4F would like to look into Code Vein; who's interested?
- Tee Hee-ed with a Tee Hee-ing secret licensor!
DAY 3 – 24 MAY 2018
- There wasn't much to report apart from Alex and John having two non-licensor meetings.
- Although, this image was posted during Day 3. What could it mean?
And that's a wrap! Which news was most exciting for you? Who do you think are these secret licensors? Let us know in the comments section below.
Now, let me leave you with a few pictures from Alex and John's adventures in Las Vegas courtesy of Mr. Bang H Le, a proud member of the First 4 Figures Official Collectors Club.
More post in same category
- First 4 Figures 50 USD Discount Coupon Giveaway
- The Legend of Zelda™: Breath of the Wild – Revali PVC Statue Coming Soon
- First 4 Figures Launches One-Of-A-Kind NFT Prototype Coin Auction
- TT Poll #244: TimeSplitters 2
- FIRST 4 FIGURES @ AV BELOWGROUND Arcade
- Last Chance – Faye Valentine, Reala, and Mega Man