This privacy notice sets out the ways in which First4figures, collects, processes and shares your personal data.
2.What information is collected through our website?
First4figures may collect, process and use the following information you provide during the online order process, when you are on our website and when you sign up for our newsletter online:
- email address;
- telephone number;
- browsing data, including pages you look at on our website, your URL and your IP address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender; and
- your purchase history.
3.What is your data used for?
First4figures processes your personal data in the following ways, and on the following legal bases:
- Your name and email address for the purposes of sending you our newsletter. First4figures will only do this if you have given your consent to being provided with the newsletter. You may opt-out of the newsletter at any time by contacting info@First4figures.com or by changing your preferences.
- To carry out First4figures’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between First4figures and you, for example to create and operate your First4figures account, to process and deliver any orders you make (including payment), and to confirm and keep you up to date with such orders.
- To enhance your experience of the First4figures website, we do this as it is in our legitimate interest to ensure that you receive the best experience possible when you shop with us.
- Any other purposes where we have obtained your consent to do so.
- We may use your information in an anonymised and/or aggregated manner in order to analyse the data so that we can enhance our IT systems or website and carry out research. We may share this anonymised and/or aggregated data with third parties, but you will not be identifiable from any such data.
4.Disclosing information to third parties
First4figures does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal identifiable information to outside parties other than as set out in this privacy notice.
First4figures provides your personal data:
- to selected third party providers in order to process and deliver your orders, for example delivery companies and payment providers;
- to selected marketing agencies, web-mailing companies and hosting companies;
- and credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies.
- Payment Providers – to securely process your card payments (we do not see, or store payment card details)
- Email Providers – to send out our email notifications or messages
First4figures will disclose your personal data to third parties:
- if First4figures sells or buys any business or assets, in which case First4figures will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset;
- if First4figures or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if First4figures is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of First4figures, you or any third party, and to investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement First4figures has with you. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- First4figures may pass your personal data to third parties in a statistical and/or aggregated manner in order to analyse the data, First4figures will always ensure that you are be identifiable from any such data.
5.Protecting your personal data
First4figures has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, it limits access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know and in accordance with this privacy notice. They will only process your personal data in accordance with First4figures’s instructions.
First4figures has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where it is legally required to do so.
6.Holding your personal data
First4figures will retain your data for as long as you hold an account with us, or for as long as we need to hold it in order to provide you with services to improve, analyse and optimise our customers’ experience.
We may also retain your data for further periods where we need to do so in order comply with any legal or regulatory requirements (including keeping certain records for seven years for VAT purposes), to carry out audits, to detect and prevent fraud, to enforce contracts or to resolve any disputes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, First4figures considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which First4figures processes your personal data and whether those purposes can be achieved through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Where First4figures relies on consent as the condition for processing your personal data, for example for sending you electronic direct marketing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You have various statutory rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have the right to:
- object to direct marketing communications at any time;
- request and obtain access to your personal data;
- rectification or erasure of your personal data, in certain circumstances;
- object to or restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- have your personal data stored in a manner in which it is portable from the environment in which it is stored by First4figures to another environment; and
- file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8.Changes to Privacy Notice
If First4figures decides to change this privacy notice, any changes will be posted on this page.
This privacy notice was last modified on May 30th 2018.
If you wish to contact First4figures in relation to this privacy notice, including in relation to any of the rights set out in section 8 above, please contact us at info@First4figures.com